Reserve an Item
How to Place a Title on Hold
- Search for the material you wish to borrow. A list may come up showing items in a variety of formats.
- After you find an item you want, select the Pickup location and click the Place Hold (If you haven’t already logged in, you will be prompted to enter your library card number and PIN.)
- A new screen shows you the item has been placed on hold for you.
Please note: holds are limited to 25 items per cardholder. Reciprocal cardholders may have only three items on hold.
- A report is created once per day for staff to collect the reserved items from the shelves. An item may be ready for pick-up in 1–2 days based on availability or may take up to 3 days to transfer items between branches.
- A Library notice is sent to you when the item is ready for pick-up. For faster notifications, provide the Library with your email address during your next visit.
- Currently Central, Washington Square and Oshtemo offer self pick-up holds. Items are filed alphabetically by your last name and include the last 4 digits of your library card number. Ask staff for your reserves at the Eastwood and the Powell branches.
- Items are held on reserve for 10 days. After that time, they are returned to the shelves or fill another reserve.
- If an item is on reserve for another patron, it is not eligible for a renewal.