How to Apply
The library accepts online applications only. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete the application process, please call Human Resources at (269) 553-7931. The library does not accept unsolicited resumes; you may only apply for a specific job posting.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity is a fundamental principle at the Kalamazoo Public Library, where employment opportunities, development and advancement are based on job qualifications without discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, height, weight, familial status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Kalamazoo Public Library’s commitment to equal opportunity is applied to all personnel policies and practices, including but not limited to, recruitment and hiring, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination as well as social and recreational activities. The library will make reasonable accommodations for employees and job applicants with disabilities.
The library respects the diversity that exists within our community and among our employees and strives to maintain a workplace culture based on inclusiveness where respect, equity and positive recognition of differences are cultivated.
Tips for Applicants
- You will need to have a valid email address. You will be asked to create a username and password when registering on the application website.
- Read the job posting carefully before you complete your application. Note the minimum qualifications, schedule requirements, physical demands and work environment.
- Provide details of your work history. Provide descriptions of duties and responsibilities.
- Fill out the application completely. Make sure you have everything you need to know with you: dates of previous employment, names and addresses of previous employers, supervisor’s name and contact information. Demonstrate in your application why you are qualified for this position.
- Read and follow instructions carefully. Ensure that you complete all application requirements listed on the job posting. Incomplete applications may not be accepted.
- Submit materials electronically. You will have the ability to add your resume and cover letter to your application.
- Read the attestation carefully before signing and submitting your application.