The Library of Things (LOT) is a collection of items beyond books, music, and movies. Ever need a specific tool for a home improvement project, but won’t need it again? Ever want to try out a new product before you buy it? Or maybe you just want to try something for fun? Our Library of Things collection may have just what you need! We invite you to explore our collection to see what interests you.
Most LOT items will check out for three weeks (just like our books). LOT items can be placed on hold and renewed if no one else has a hold on that item. When checking out a “Thing” you will need to sign our Library of Things Agreement that spells out proper use of the item and acknowledges financial responsibility for lost or damaged items.
All LOT items will need to be checked out at the Circulation Desk at each location. At checkout and upon return of the item, it will be checked to be sure that all pieces are with the case. All items will be checked for maintenance and cleaning upon return.
Library of Things basics:
- Items check out for three weeks
- Items can be placed on hold
- Items can be renewed if no one else has a hold on them
- Patrons must be resident cardholders to borrow LOT items
- Patrons must sign the LOT agreement
- Patrons may check out three LOT items at a time