Curbside Pickup at KPL
Due to the continuing presence of positive cases of COVID-19 in Kalamazoo and surrounding Michigan communities, Kalamazoo Public Library will offer curbside service at all five locations during regular open hours. KPL service enables library patrons to pick up library holds from the safety of their vehicle.
How to Use Curbside KPL
- Step 1: Browse our catalog on kpl.gov or call (269) 553-7800 to place a hold on items you wish to check out, and indicate which location you wish to pick them up at.
- Step 2: KPL will send you an email, text, or phone call, when your items are available for pick-up.
- Step 3: When you arrive for pick-up, text, or call the number posted on the sign and follow the directions. Have your library card handy, we will ask for the last 4 numbers of your account. A KPL staff person will deliver your checkouts contact-free to your car.
Curbside KPL Quick Tips
- You can drive-up for Curbside KPL service.
- If you are in a car, pop your trunk or open your back passenger window for contact-free delivery to your vehicle.
- If you need assistance, call (269) 553-7800 during curbside hours or use the Ask a Librarian link (small red chat icon) on the homepage of kpl.gov.
- Please have your library card ready at pick-up as staff will ask for the last four digits of your account number.
- You have 10 days to pick up your materials.
- Due dates for checked-out library materials are not affected.
- MelCat is still available with Curbside KPL.