Downtown Neighborhood of Kalamazoo
Children’s and Teen Areas
The Central Library is a perfect place to bring your little ones! Not only do we have a current collection of books, movies, and audiobooks, but Central Library also has a very active Story Place room. This space is for families with young children to share a learning experience through play.
Teens visiting the Central Library will discover their very own area with books and activities.
Computer and Wi-Fi
The Central Library is the place to go if you need access to the Internet. Not only will you find multiple computers with Internet access, but also high-speed Wi-Fi! More information: Public Computers.
Meeting Room — Van Deusen
The Van Deusen Room can be requested for Nonprofit Organization and Business uses. It is only available to businesses based within Kalamazoo County. A Kalamazoo Public Library district resident or property owner must make the room reservation.
- Contact: Administration Office (Mon–Fri, 9 am–5 pm), (269) 553-7823
- Fee: Nonprofit Organization Use – $25 per two-hour block; Business Use – $150 for one to four hours; $250 for four to eight hours
- Maximum Seating: 172 persons theater style
- Parking: City owned lots/ramps/streets
- Accessibility: Elevator to all levels
- Equipment Available: Please call for available equipment
- More Info on the Van Deusen Room
- Meeting Rooms
- Meeting Rooms Policy
The Central Library Study Rooms are perfect for a small meeting, place to study, or host a tutoring session. The largest room allows for 8 users and is equipped with a large screen monitor. Rooms can be booked up to two hours per day for an individual or group. Please contact staff to reserve at (269) 553-7800.
Printing • Copying • Faxing • Scanning
Need to send a fax? Copy that important document? Scan receipts for your taxes? The Central Library can help! Faxing and scanning are totally FREE of charge. Copying costs depend on black & white or color print. Staff is happy to help.