1 of 1 Copy Available
- CENTRAL: Audiovisual Collection
Maya Deren : experimental films.
- DVD 791.43611 M4676 (CEN)
Authorized ed. ; Full screen version.
Mostly silent films, some with musical accompaniment.
Meshes of the afternoon: Maya Deren, Alexander Hammid ; At land: John Cage, Parker Tyler ; A study in choreography for camera: Talley Beatty ; Ritual in transfigured time: Rita Christiani, Anaïs Nin ; Meditation on violence: Chao Li Chi ; The very eye of night: Metropolitan Opera Ballet School.
New York : Mystic Fire Video, c2007.
1 videodisc (76 min.) : sd., b&w. ; 4 3/4 in.
Collection of short films by surrealist Russian-American filmmaker Maya Deren, studying identity, movement, and freedom.
Originally released as motion pictures 1943-1958.
Special features: excerpt from Deren's "Divine horsemen : the living gods of Haiti" ; Alexander Hammid's short film "Private life of a cat" ; picture gallery ; notes and quotes ; biography.
- Meshes of the afternoon (1943-59, music, 14 min.) / in collaboration with Alexander Hammid
- At land (1944, silent, 15 min.)
- A study in choreography for camera (1945, silent, 4 min.)
- Ritual in transfigured time (1945-46, silent, 15 min.)
- Meditation on violence (1948, music, 12 min.)
- The very eye of night (1952-59, music, 15 min.) / choreographic collaboration with Anthony Tudor.