Harold and the purple crayon : --and more great stories to spark the imagination
- DVD CHILDREN/FAMILY (CEN, POW, WSQ)
Full screen version.
Harold and the purple crayon: narrator, Norman Rose ; Time of wonder: narrator, Ted Hoskins ; The foolish frog: narrator, Pete Seeger.
[Weston, Conn.] : Weston Woods Studios ; [New York, N.Y.] : Distributed by New Video Group, 
Release date: Mar. 11, 2008.
Harold and the purple crayon: Harold wants to take a walk in the moonlight so he draws a moon with his purple crayon. A picture for Harold's room: Harold draws a picture for his room, then becomes bigger than a mountain and smaller than a bird before finding his way home. Harold's fairy tale: with his purple crayon, Harold takes a trip through an enchanted garden where he meets a king, an invisible giant witch, and a magical fairy. The swineherd: an honorable prince disguises himself to get close to a spoiled princess. Time of wonder: beautiful watercolors and poetic text highlight the sights and sounds of nature on an island in Maine. The foolish frog: a farmer sees a bullfrog fall in the water and finds inspiration to write a song that gets the whole town singing and dancing. Drummer Hoff: the classic tale of soldiers building a magnificent cannon is told through rhyme, rhythm and stunning illustrations.
- Harold and the purple crayon / written and illustrated by Crockett Johnson
- A picture for Harold's room / written and illustrated by Crockett Johnson
- Harold's fairy tale / written and illustrated by Crockett Johnson
- The swineherd / by Hans Christian Anderson ; illustrated by Bjorn Wilblad
- Time of wonder / written and illustrated by Robert McCloskey
- The foolish frog / by Pete Seeger and Charles Seeger ; illustrated by Miloslav Jagr
- Drummer Hoff / by Barbara Emberley ; illustrated by Ed Emberley.