Parenting the hurt child : helping adoptive families heal and grow
- 649.145 K257 (CEN)
Colorado Springs, Colo. : Piñon Press, c2002.
- Helping your hurt child heal grow, and develop
- 1. Who is the hurt child?
- Understanding the Attachment Cycle
- 2. Dare to parent; claiming your role in your child's Life
- 3. What doesn't work; parenting techniques doomed to failure
- 4. What works; cycling your way to health and happiness
- 5. Cinnamon on applesause; nurturing the hurt child
- 6. The school dance; knowing when to lead and when to follow
- 7. Rough waters; surviving when it feels like nothing works
- 8. Life preservers; discovering help from a variety of resources
- 9. Finding useful help; connecting with the right therapist
- 10. Ask an expert; questions and answers about hurt children
- 11. Parents and children talk back; stories from those who've been there
- 12 authors' smorgasbord; reprinted articles about hurt children.