The church flourished. By 1921, membership had grown to nearly 1,150 persons. In 1925, the cornerstone was laid for the Church House, which was located on what had been the Prange family property on the southwest corner of St. John's Place and Park Street, the site of the current church building.
On the evening of 6 July1926, the third fire in four months to break out in the Brick Church tolled its death knell. Previous fires had been discovered near a motion picture projection booth and near the front end of the building. The final blaze left the church nothing but an empty brick hulk. It was the third big church fire in Kalamazoo that year. Previous arsons had destroyed the First Congregational and Methodist churches. In total, 14 fires had been set in Kalamazoo, 12 of them in churches or in buildings in which fraternal organizations held meetings. It is not known if these blazes were the work of one or of several persons.
The large congregation held Sunday services in the old Central High School Auditorium from 1927 until the current Gothic sanctuary was completed and dedicated on Palm Sunday, 13 April 1930. It rose majestically on the South street site where it stands today. A prominent feature of the church is the Rose Window that faces South Street. It was made of imported glass, the color being in the glass and not enameled over the top. It follows the scheme of the solar spectrum, with high lights in the center, grading through rubies to purples and rich blues. In the center is the seal of the Presbyterian Church of America and the six "Shields of the Martyrs," which have historically stood for heroic martyrdom in the past and represent the part the church played in the Protestant Revolution.