Marketing and Communications Library Assistant - 20 hours
Position Summary: Responsible for providing support for the Marketing and Communications department under the direct supervision of the Marketing and Communications Manager. Duties to include oversight and content population of all Kalamazoo Public Library social media platforms, as well as administrative duties which support the work of the department including maintenance and inventory of marketing supplies and publications, proofing and editing and other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides oversight of and populates content for all KPL social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr and Snapchat.
2. Provides proofing and editing assistance on MAC materials (printed, electronic) as assigned.
3. Maintains communication with branch library leads and services requests for MAC materials and distribution of monthly publications via interoffice shipments.
4. Inventories and maintains MAC supplies; ensures proper organization of the MAC storage area.
5. Provides assistance with posting and monitoring digital postings of library events at all KPL locations.
6. Coordinates the placement and distribution of materials for the public information displays throughout the system; handles requests from the public for postings materials and ensures proper timing of all internal and external postings.
7. Populates KPL programs and events to Local Hop calendar quarterly.
8. Participates in departmental meetings, library-wide committees, and training opportunities.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Previous experience in social media coordination, communications, marketing support, customer service or related area.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook programs with general knowledge of electronic file management.
• Demonstrated evidence of strong organizational ability.
• Demonstrated evidence of strong project management ability.
• Demonstrated evidence of strong writing, proofing, and editing ability.
• Previous experience as a social media coordinator.
• Previous experience as a marketing assistant.
• Previous experience utilizing a content management system.
Physical demands and work environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, grasp, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, talk and hear. Hand-eye coordination necessary to operate computers and various office equipment. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop and crouch.
• The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 60 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
• Work environment: 95-100% of work is performed within an office environment.
Position: Part-time, non-exempt.
Salary: $17,683.50 annually; Pro-rated health insurance, fully paid dental, vision, and life insurance; fully paid retirement; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
A current application, cover letter and resume are required for consideration. Follow the Submit an Online Application for Employment link at the top of this page.
Deadline for applications: Friday, June 15, 2018