Application for Employment PDF
Applications may be submitted in person at the Administrative Office on the 3rd floor of Central Library anytime Monday-Friday between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm.
Submit by fax: 269-553-7999
Submit by email: email@example.com
Please note: if submitting electronically, please save your completed application (.pdf) to a local drive or external device first, then send as an attachment.
Current Job Openings
Position Vacancy Announcement
Download this announcement (PDF)
Position Summary: Responsible for a wide range of administrative and executive level support; manages confidential and high level projects for Director’s office and Library Board of Trustees. Duties include coordination of the Administrative office and support for department heads and staff as directed by the Library Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Administrative support for Library Director:
1. Provides primary administrative and information management support to Library Director to include creation and compilation of correspondence and documents; special projects as assigned.
2. Produces, analyzes, reviews and distributes library reports compiled through internal databases for both recurring and targeted measures.
3. Organizes, compiles, and distributes KPL Board of Trustee meeting packets.
4. Maintains all official administrative library records.
5. Initiates and follows up on communications inside and outside of the Library at Director’s request.
6. Represents the Director in her absence at internal and external Library events and meetings.
7. Manages donor relations; provides oversight of donor database; creates and maintains appropriate documentation and correspondence.
8. Coordinates internal and external Management Team and Board of Trustee meetings and events to include facilities and catering arrangements, communications, and travel arrangements as needed.
9. Creates and publishes minutes of Management Team meetings.
10. Develops and creates grant proposals; manages grant provisions and requirements.
11. Coordinates “banned patron” procedures and notifications.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Administrative support for Library Board of Trustees:
1. Serves as secretary for Library Board of Trustees as described in Board of Trustees Bylaws.
2. Creates and publishes a record of the proceedings of all regular and special meetings of the Board of Trustees.
3. Posts public notice of all regular and special meetings of the Board of Trustees; sends proper notice of all regular or special meetings to members of the Board.
4. Drafts official correspondence for the Board of Trustees.
5. Maintains all official records of the Board of Trustees.
6. Coordinates regular and special Board elections activities.
7. Performs other duties as prescribed by law or by action of the Board of Trustees.
Management of Administrative Office:
1. Performs administrative duties in support of Finance, Human Resources and other library departments as needed.
2. Coordinates shared responsibilities and space among Administrative Office, Management Services, and Marketing and Communications Office.
3. Partners with Facilities Management in the coordination of system wide booking of community rooms; acts as liaison between members of the public and staff.
4. Ensures efficient and cost effective usage of office systems and equipment.
5. Directs, performs, and monitors administrative services support work including reception desk; hires, supervises, trains, schedules, and evaluates staff.
6. Participates in departmental meetings, library wide committees, and training opportunities.
1. Associates degree.
2. Two years of progressively responsible administrative/office management experience supporting executive level management.
3. Demonstrated advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word with intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Access.
4. Demonstrated professional demeanor and poise.
5. Advanced composition and business writing skills.
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. Experience with library processes and procedures.
3. Previous supervisory experience.
4. Experience in nonprofit/government setting.
5. Familiarity with organizations, institutions and community networks in the greater Kalamazoo area.
$48,000 annually; health insurance with employee contribution; fully paid vision, dental, LTD, life insurance, retirement and health care savings plan; paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave.
40 hours weekly; Monday – Friday between 8:00 am- 5:00 pm with some evening hours possible.
Interested applicants must submit a complete a KPL job application, resume, cover letter and response to the following:
1. Prepare a letter acknowledging and thanking a donor for their monetary gift to the library.
Application materials should be sent to the attention of Terry New, HR Manager.
Applications are available in the Administrative Office or at www.kpl.gov/jobs.
Deadline for applications: Friday, September 5, 2014 at 5 pm