IT Services Administrative Support
Position Summary: Responsible for performing administrative, clerical and customer service functions to support operations in the IT Services Department under the direct supervision of the Head of IT Services. Serves as administrative assistant to the Head of IT Services and provides support for IT.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides primary administrative and information management support to the head of the department to include special projects as assigned.
- Assists in the collection and organization of data for projections, grant applications, and preparation of departmental budget.
- Processes check requests, purchase orders and billing for department.
- Maintains department records and filing.
- Prepares minutes for department and committee meetings as assigned.
- Orders and maintains office supplies and materials for department.
- Manages IT myKPL page.
- Maintains and monitors work schedules for IT interns.
- Participates in departmental meetings, library-wide committees, and training opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Job Specific Knowledge and Skill: Acquires and applies knowledge, skills and experience to accomplish results.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of library processes and procedures.
- Keeps informed of trends in library practices and services.
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge of IT systems and practices.
- Demonstrates strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of library budgeting
- Previous experience in administrative support work with demonstration of strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Fundamental knowledge of library practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office programs with general knowledge of electronic file management.
- Strong public service orientation.
Physical demands and work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to travel independently within the office and patron areas of the library and in the communities served. In the work environments described below, the position requires verbal and written conversation with others, sitting, standing, walking, reaching, lifting/moving objects up to 25 pounds, and use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The position occasionally requires standing, walking, sitting and speaking for extended periods of time. Vision abilities required by the job include close vision.
• Work environment: Work will be performed in an office environment, library spaces, and in the communities served. Some local travel outside the library may be required. While performing the duties of this job outside of the library environment, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Schedule: 40 hours weekly; Monday thru Friday.
Salary: $35,367 annually. Benefits include health insurance with employee contribution; fully paid dental, vision, and life insurance; fully paid retirement; vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
Deadline for applications: Friday, April 20, 2018, 5 pm EST.