Location: District #13 fractional - Section 4, west side of Douglas about half way between Mosel (H) and G Avenue.
First appears as "S. H." (school house?) in the 1861 Kalamazoo County atlas. It consistently appears as a school symbol on subsequent atlases without a name. It was probably called Brook Farm School when the Michigan Asylum for the Insane established the Brook Farm Colony on the property that included the school, although the use of the name has not been reliably documented until 1933. It apparently closed at the end of the 1951-52 school year. The building that is currently standing on the site is undoubtedly not the original building, and appears to have been remodeled since its days as a school. It has also served as a church and a private home.