Bookstore News August 10 - 13
You never know what you might find during a visit to the Friends Bookstore. Committed used-bookstore shoppers enjoy exploring; searching through the shelves for a new reading adventure. The pleasure is derived from both the hunt and the discovery.
Here are a few samples of what awaits you this week:
- More than 200 newly donated paperback Westerns priced at 50¢ each
- Signed books – these include two books signed by U.S. Presidents and several books signed by well known authors
- A couple of great old books in colorful dust jackets that some of you will remember – The Mystery of Cabin Island (The Hardy Boys, 1929) and The X Bar X Boys with the Secret Rangers (James Cody Ferris, 1936)
- Rinkitink in Oz by L. Frank Baum, published by The Reilly & Lee Company with lots of great black & white illustrations
- A beautiful hard cover copy of Jaimy Gordon’s National Book Award Winner – Lord of Misrule
- A whole cart full of puzzles and games – most priced at 50¢ each
- And so much more…..
Also…I want to remind our loyal customers that they have an opportunity to vote for the Friends Bookstore in the Kalamazoo Gazette’s Readers’ Choice Awards Contest. Voting takes place until August 15. This is an easy way to voice your opinion and let others know about our great little used bookstore in downtown Kalamazoo.