Artists in Action
Celebrating KIA's Where We Stand: Black Artists in Southwest Michigan Exhibit
In conjunction with the traveling exhibition, Black Refractions: Highlights from The Studio in Harlem, The Kalamazoo Institute of Arts is featuring Where We Stand: Black Artists in Southwest Michigan, an exhibition to celebrate local black artists. KPL has partnered with the KIA to feature one of the exhibiting artists at each KPL location. Check out the new Kalamazoo Arts Collaborative site for more information on the exhibit, featured artists, and upcoming events!
The spotlight artist will work each day on a special piece that will be featured at the December Art Hop. Patrons will have the special opportunity to interact with an artist Monday through Friday, create art in the style of the artist, and participate in a very special program facilitated by the artist.
Registration is required for the special programs only (see below). Come to your local KPL location and watch our local artists in action!
- Darien Burress: September 23, 25–27 | 2–4 pm | POW
- Special Program on Tuesday, September 24 | 5–7 pm | POW/Barnabee Gallery | REGISTER
- James Palmore: October 7–10 | 2–4 pm | EAS
- Special Program on Monday, October 7 | 5–7 pm | EAS/Community Room | REGISTER
- Tanisha Pyron: October 28–November 1 | 2–4 pm | WSQ
- Special Program on Wednesday, October 30 | 5–7 pm | WSQ/Community Room | REGISTER
- Al Harris: November 11–15 | 2–4 pm | OSH
- Special Program on Monday, November 11 | 5–7 pm | OSH/Community Room