An Enduring Public Tribute
Financial gifts to the library can be an enduring public tribute honoring a special person or occasion. Gifts are used to purchase materials or equipment or to pay for programs beyond the means of the library’s annual budget.
Making Your Gift
Give Online or by Check
You may make your gift to the library either by check, made out to the Kalamazoo Public Library, or online with credit card or bank account (where available). Gifts to the library may be deductible on state and federal income tax. Please consult your tax advisor.
For more information, call 269-553-7879 or email the Marketing and Communications Office.
Send checks to:
Kalamazoo Public Library
315 S Rose St
Kalamazoo MI 49007
Honor Someone Special
Celebrate a birth, graduation, new position, significant achievement, retirement or other special occasion. Thank a teacher or coach for a great year. Honor the memory of a loved one or commemorate a special event with a gift to the library.
Both memorial and celebration gifts make your tribute public, through library materials that the community may use and enjoy for years to come. Gifts may be designated to reflect the interests of the honoree.
One Time or Annual Gift
Express appreciation for library services through a one-time or annual gift. Special gifts to the library since 1990 created the Clarence L. Miller Local History Room, have provided equipment for the visually impaired, and helped purchase gift books for Ready to Read, the library’s early childhood literacy program.
Occasionally, devoted library patrons wish to ensure the library’s future ability to provide exceptional services by making a planned gift to the library.
Any Size Gift Welcome
- Purchase an item for the collection – a book, video, music or audiobook recording with a gift of $25 – $150.
- Donate a magazine subscription with a gift of $100 – $400.
- Purchase equipment or a computer with $600 – $2,500.
- Sponsor a database or other electronic materials with $500 – $3,000.
- Contribute to a special program – like the Global Reading Challenge, a reading quiz bowl for elementary students, or Ready to Read, the library’s early childhood literacy project.
All Gifts Acknowledged
In response to a celebration or a memorial gift, the library will send an acknowledgement to either the honoree or to the family notifying them of the gift. The amount is not divulged unless requested by the donor. In addition:
- Gifts and donors will be featured in news releases, the library newsletter, annual reports, and other publications.
- Bookplates naming the donor and the person being honored will be placed in items for the collection (for gifts of $25 or more).
- Names of persons, corporations, and foundations that give $1,000 or more will be added to a Wall of Honor.
- Donor names will be added to the Wall of Honor as a donor’s total gifts to the library reach specified levels.
- Commemorative plaques may also be created for special gifts.
The Board of Trustees of Kalamazoo Public Library reserves the right to refuse any gift which is not in the best interests of the library or does not enhance or further the defined mission of the library.