The red violin : original motion picture soundtrack
- COMPACT DISC MOTION PICTURE/SHOW MUSIC (CEN)
Vocal portions sung in English.
Joshua Bell, violin ; vocal and instrumental soloists ; chorus ; Philharmonia Orchestra ; Esa-Pekka Salonen, conductor.
New York, NY : Sony Music Entertainment, p1999.
Motion picture music, principally for orchestra, and chaconne, for violin with orchestra.
Program notes in English with French, German, and Italian translations on container insert.
- Anna's theme
- I. CREMONA. Main title ; Death of Anna ; Birth of the red violin ; The red violin
- II. VIENNA. The monastery ; Kaspar's audition/Journey to Vienna ; Etudes/Death of Kaspar
- III. OXFORD. The gypsies/Journey across Europe ; Pope's gypsy cadenza ; Coitus musicalis/Victoria's departure ; Pope's concert ; Pope's betrayal
- IV. SHANGHAI. Journey to China ; People's revolution/Death of Chou Yuan
- V. MONTREAL. Morritz discovers the red violin ; Morritz's theme ; The theft ; End titles
- The red violin : chaconne for violin and orchestra.