Speaking of race : how to have antiracist conversations that bring us together
- 305.8 R6463 (CEN, OSH)
New York : The Experiment, 2021.
131 pages ; 16 cm
"From a scholar of communication, a guide to healing our fractured discourse on race and racism by infusing the topic with more constructive and enriching dialogue"--
- Why do disagreements about racism go so badly?
- Accusations of racism as acts of respect and kindness
- It's not about intentions
- Defining racism
- Assume nothing
- Consider context
- Thinking about thinking
- Understanding the role of privilege
- Don't make the discussion about you
- Six common reasons people say something is racist
- Racism isn't about white people's feelings
- Key things to remember in the heat of the moment
- A final note.