His hideous heart : thirteen of Edgar Allan Poe's most unsettling tales reimagined
- FICTION HIS TEEN (CEN, EAS, OSH)
New York : Flatiron Books, 2019.
viii, 470 pages ; 21 cm
Thirteen of Poe's terrifying works are reimagined in new and unexpected ways for modern readers. Poe's own stories are included, so readers can compare.
- She rode a horse of fire / by Kendare Blake
- It's carnival! / by Tiffany D. Jackson
- Night-tide / by Tessa Gratton
- The glittering death / by Caleb Roehrig
- A drop of stolen ink / by Emily Lloyd-Jones
- Happy days, sweetheart / by Stephanie Kuehn
- The raven (remix) / by amanda lovelace [sic]
- Changeling / by Marieke Nijkamp
- The oval filter / by Lamar Giles
- Red / by Hillary Monahan
- Lygia / by Dahlia Adler
- The fall of the Bank of Usher / by Fran Wilde
- The murders in the Rue Apartelle, Boracay / by Rin Chupeco
- The original tales. Metzengerstein ; The cask of Amontillado ; Annabel Lee (poem) ; The pit and the pendulum ; The purloined letter ; The tell-tale heart ; The raven (poem) ; Hop-frog ; The oval portrait ; The masque of the red death ; Ligeia ; The fall of the house of Usher ; The murders in the Rue Morgue.