Pacific : silicon chips and surfboards, coral reefs and atom bombs, brutal dictators, fading empires, and the coming collision of the world's superpowers
- COMPACT DISC 909.09823 W836 (CEN)
Read by the author.
[New York, New York] : Harper Audio, 
12 audio discs (14 1/4 hr.) : CD audio, digital ; 4 3/4 in.
The New York Times best-selling author of The Men Who United the States traces the geological history of the Pacific Ocean to assess its relationship with humans and indelible role in the modern world.
- The great thermonuclear sea
- Mr. Ibuka's radio revolution
- The ecstasies of wave-riding
- A dire and dangerous irritation
- Farewell, all my friends and foes
- Echoes of distant thunder
- How goes the lucky country?
- The fires in the deep
- A fragile and uncertain sea
- Of masters and commanders.