The reproach of hunger : food, justice, and money in the twenty-first century
- 363.8 R3613 (CEN)
First Simon & Schuster hardcover edition.
New York : Simon & Schuster, 2015.
- A better world finally within reach?
- The wages of optimism
- Malthus only needs to be wrong once
- The food crisis of 2007-2008 : a turning point?
- The global food system and its critics
- Promises to the poor
- Cassandra and doctor pangloss
- Is reforming the system enough?
- The case for optimism
- Science to the rescue?
- Falling in love with the private sector
- Philanthrocapitalism: a [self] love story
- The end of hunger?
- "fertilizing the land with money"
- Optimism as moral victory, pessimism as moral affront
- Doing everything to end hunger except think politically