I wear the black hat : grappling with villians (real and imagined)
- 306.4 K664 (CEN)
First Scribner hardcover edition.
New York : Scribner, 2013.
The cultural critic questions how modern people understand the concept of villainy, describing how his youthful idealism gave way to an adult sympathy with notorious cultural figures to offer insight into the appeal of anti-heroes.
- What you say about his company is what you say about society
- Another thing that interests me about the Eagles is that I [am contractually obligated to] hate them
- Villians who are not villians
- Easier than typing
- Human clay
- Without a gun they can't get none
- Arrested for smoking
- Electric funeral
- "I am perplexed" [this is why, this is why, this is why they hate you]
- Crime and punishment (or lack thereof)
- Hitler is in the book
- The problem of overrated ideas.