Log In to Place HoldAdd Author AlertMore Details
1 of 1 Copy Available
- CENTRAL: Children's Collection
The civil rights movement
- J 323.1196 OLLH (CEN)
32 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 26 cm.
Discusses important events during the fight for human and civil rights. Short biographies of civil rights leaders, authors, artists, and other powerful African Americans are included.
"ABDO & Daughters"--P.  of cover.
- The civil rights movement
- Segregation in the schools
- A murder that rocked the nation
- The rise of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- The bus to civil rights
- Nonviolent protests
- Birmingham, Alabama
- The march on Washington
- Breaking down the walls of racism.