Log In to Place HoldAdd Author AlertMore Details
1 of 1 Copy Available
- CENTRAL: Second Floor
The lives they left behind : suitcases from a state hospital attic
- 362.21 P4138 (CEN)
New York : Bellevue Literary Press, 2009, c2008.
205 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- He took them on their last walk
- Who went to Willard and why did they go there?
- How I would have furnished my room (if not for the voices)
- In permanent limbo: she kept asking for dispensation (until her doctor turned into the devil incarnate)
- Children died and she knit her life away
- Like a fly in a spider web
- How people were treated at Willard
- A photographic talent: rising above the fray
- A frequent visitor to the White House
- My blood temper...resigned
- An Italian princess and a French intellectual: two ways of fighting for freedom.