Get them to see it your way, right away : how to persuade anyone of anything
- 153.85 S553 (CEN)
New York : McGraw-Hill, c2004.
xiv, 206 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Life's a pitch : selling your ideas to the president or the PTA
- Set goals (because if you don't know what you want, you won't get it)
- Speak loudly (without saying a word, ssshhh-- )
- May I have your attention, please!
- Who's buying?
- Your place or mine : know the venue
- Seize the moment
- The big news about small talk
- Listen well and they'll eat out of your hand
- What questions do you have?
- Once more with feeling : making the emotional connection
- Practice pointers for polished pitches
- Persistence persuades : the vastly neglected art of follow-up
- The likability factor
- Give good phone and email
- Advance or retreat : determining when to withdraw
- Some final thoughts.