- Art Institute of Chicago
- Covers both the Art Institute of Chicago's collections, programs, and exhibits and the School of the Art Institute of Chicago's objectives, curriculum, and opportunities.
- Detroit Institute of Art
- Information about DIA's art collections, current exhibits, events, educational programs, research library, and news.
- Kalamazoo Institute of Arts
- An overview of KIA's art collections, exhibits, educational programs, events, gallery shop, library materials, and outreach services.
- National Portrait Gallery
- Showcasing the National Portrait Gallery's collection of art depicting famous British men and women. Includes information on exhibits, educational programming, library resources, the gift shop, and sample images.
- CIA Publications
- Includes World Factbook, Chiefs of State and the Factbook of Intelligence.
- Kalamazoo Public Schools
- Kalamazoo Public Schools' site includes information about K-12 curricular objectives, a school directory, listing of departments, job opportunities, library resources, a district map, and educational programming.
- Kalamazoo Promise
- Information about the Kalamazoo Promise along with links to ongoing research about the impact of the Kalamazoo Promise.
- Ben's Guide to U.S. Government for Kids
- A site designed to introduce children to the different levels, agencies, and functions of the United States government.
- NASA Information Services via WWW
- Explore the many facets of NASA, from their administration and leadership, to their mission and vision for the future, to business, research, and career opportunities.
- Statistical Abstract of the U.S.
- Access hundreds of statistical reports regarding a variety of subjects including population, education, health, vital statisistics, and banking.
- White House for Kids
- News, activities and games about the White House and the Presidents.
- Kid's Stuff from the Michigan Historical Museum
- Activities that include things to make, stories and poems, historic documents and more.
- Information links about and for Michigan government, including access to departments, agencies, educational resources, reports, statisitcs, news, and much more.
- A+-improve your math skills
- Improve your math skills interactively.
- AAAMath - Basic Math Skills
- Hundreds of online math homework resources for children and young adults.
- BJ Pinchbeck's Homework Helper
- For children and teens to access information about subjects ranging from foreign languages to biology.
- Homework Center (Multnomah County Library Homework Links)
- Locate homework help. Features a list of links covering academic subjects like art, biology, geography, literature, history, math, and science.
- Homework Spot
- A K-12 educational and homework portal.
- Homework Tools from Kids on the Web
- Reference tools like dictionaries, writing style guides, or encyclopedias. Links to web resources that help students with their homework assignments.
- K-12 Suggested Reading Lists
- A suggested reading site for children and teen literature that features information about books, authors, genres, themes, subjects, and much more.
Museums and Other Places to Go
- Museum of American History
- Access historical photographs of exhibits and collections at the Museum of American History.
- Museum of Natural History
- The American Museum of Natural History's site includes news about upcoming events, current exhibits, educational programming, membership opportunities, and visitor information.
- Museum of Science, Boston
- Discover the fascinating world of science and technology through the collections, programming and exhibits of the Museum of Science in Boston.
- National Air & Space Museum
- The Smithsonian Institution's National Air and Space Museum maintains the largest collection of historic air and spacecraft in the world. It is also a vital center for research into the history, science, and technology of aviation and space flight.
- National Aquarium in Baltimore
- The National Aquarium in Baltimore seeks to stimulate interest in, develop knowledge about, and inspire stewardship of aquatic environments. Site features general museum information.
- National Civil Rights Museum
- Exhibits and events.
- This web version of the popular television program features biographical information about historical figures, celebrities, artists, and many more.
Language and Writing
- English Grammar
- EduFind is an online service operated by the Digital Education Network which provides a range of Internet based services for education.
- Merriam-Webster Word Central
- A dictionary reference site for children and young adults to search and discover the meanings of words.
- A searchable database of rhymes as well as other features including information about Shakespeare, quotations, famous documents, quizzes, and synonym locater.
- Hubble Space Telescope
- Immerses visitors in the magnificence and mystery of the Hubble mission, including features about Hubble's contributions to the exploration of planets, stars, galaxies, and the universe.
- Kid's Astronomy
- A kid's guide to the scientific field of Astronomy.
- Welcome to the Planets
- Collection of many of the best images from NASA's planetary exploration program.
- Math Baseball
- Learning math is more fun than ever with this mix of math and baseball!
- Math2 - Math Reference Tables
- Reference guide to the world of math. Links to other sites, general to advanced math resources, and a math message board. Also available in Spanish.
- Astronomical Information
- Astronomical information from the U.S. Navy, including data about sunrises, moon phases, eclipses, cellestial navigation, solar systems, and more.
- Weather Channel
- Get a local weather forecast, news about changes in weather patterns, timely information for travelers, maps, allergy reports, and more.
- World Climate
- Contains over 85,000 records of world climate data from a wide range of sources.