New this year!
KPL now offers state-of-the-art professional video editing tools for Resident Area Borrowers in our new digital lab called The Hub! Adobe Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion 5, Anime Studio, and more! Mac and PC! Check it out!
Books for Teen Filmmakers
- The Complete Guide to Low-Budget Feature Filmmaking
- Becker, Josh
- Call Number: 791.43 B3957
- The complete guide to low-budget feature filmmaking / by John Becker; introduction by Bruce Campbell; edited by J.T. Lindroos and Kathleen Martin.
- The Everything Filmmaking Book
- Karg, Barbara
- Call Number: 791.43 K1836 TEEN
- Filmmaking is a notoriously difficult field to break into-a script's chance of making it to production is a staggering 1 in every 140,000! But if you're an aspiring filmmaker, you can up your odds with The Everything[Registered] Filmmaking Book. Distributed by Syndetic Solutions, Inc.
- Just Shoot It! A Complete Guide to Filmmaking from Script to Screen
- Kessinger, Curtis
- Call Number: 791.43 K424 TEEN
- Kessinger covers screenwriting, audience, budgets, contracts, scheduling, casting, pacing, permits, shooting plan, cinematography, directing, sound, editing, and more. The filmmaking book is written in a motivating style to give readers the success tools to succeed. (Film)
- Putting the Pieces Together: The Graffiti Model for Indie Filmmaking
- Morgan, Benjamin
- Call Number: 791.43 M8473 TEEN
- A beginner's introduction to do-it-yourself filmmaking, told through thetory of an underground, low-budget production called "Quality of Life,"escribes its plot as well as its crew's shoestring movie-making process anduccessful screenings at sold-out film festivals. Original.
- Desktop Cinema: Feature Filmmaking on a Home Computer
- Robertson, Graham
- Call Number: 778.5 R6498 TEEN
- Although the number of budding filmmakers and the availability of digital video technology are growing, there are currently no books that encapsulate the process of creating a feature-length film using only a video camera and a home computer. Whether you are an amateur filmmaker or a computer enthusiast, "Desktop Cinema: Feature Filmmaking on ...
- Filmmaking for Teens: Pulling Off Your Shorts
- Lanier, Troy
- Call Number: 791.43 L2879 TEEN
- Dreaming of the silver screen during Algebra? Composing your Academy Award acceptance speech instead of your English essay? Now you have a guidebook that can help those dreams become a reality. With readily available technology, you can pull off your shorts. This funny and irreverent 'how-to' takes young would-be filmmakers from the moment of ...
- Digital Filmmaking for Teens
- Shaner, Pete
- Call Number: 778.5 S5284 TEEN
- Geared to anyone who wants to make a Hollywood-style movie, this introductory guide details the process from picking a story to operating the camera. The coauthors of Real World Digital Video include professional tips, instructions for setting up a computer editing system; references (books, DVDs, movies, and Web sites cited); and a glossary.
- Filmmaking for Dummies
- Stoller, Bryan
- Call Number: 791.43 S8756 TEEN
- I know of nobody more suitable than Bryan Stoller to author a manual on how to get a film made." - Dan Aykroyd Scout locations, set up shots, and direct actors " Bryan Stoller has encapsulated the fundamentals of the filming process in a most accessible way." - David Permut, Producer and President, Permut Presentations, Inc.