Friends of the Library Associate Bookstore Manager
Job Purpose: To assist the Friends Director in the operation of the Friends of the Kalamazoo Public Library Bookstore.
Duties and Responsibilities
Include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assisting in coordinating the day-to-day bookstore operations, including opening, closing, stocking, pricing, weeding, store organization and customer service.
- Assisting in coordinating backroom and garage operations, including sorting and storing of inventory and maintaining backroom and garage spaces.
- Collaborating with the Director and Bookstore Committee in sales promotions and managing inventory.
- Assisting in the organization and supervision of special sales.
Reports To: Director of Friends of the Kalamazoo Public Library
- Organizational skills
- Customer service skills
- Experience in working with volunteers
- Skill in keeping organized records
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
- Willingness to accept flexible scheduling
Physical demands and work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to travel independently within the office and patron areas of the library and in the communities served. In the work environments described below, the position requires verbal and written conversation with others, sitting, standing, walking, reaching, lifting/moving objects up to 35 pounds, and use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The position occasionally requires standing, walking, AND sitting for extended periods of time. Vision abilities required by the job include close vision.
• Work environment: Work will be performed in a retail environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Minimum Qualifications: High School diploma required; Associates Degree or more preferred.
Prior supervisory and retail sales experience a plus. Application and references required.
Salary: $12.00 per hour starting pay, parking is included.
How to Apply: A completed employment application, resume and cover letter are required for consideration. Applications are available at here or at the Friends of the Kalamazoo Public Library Bookstore.
Application materials should be sent to the attention of Carol Manstrom at Friends of the Kalamazoo Public Library Bookstore, 315 S. Rose St., Kalamazoo, MI, 49007 or submitted by email to Friends@kpl.gov.
Deadline for applications is Friday, August 18, 2017 at 5 pm.