Borrow from Libraries Statewide!
If you can't find something in Kalamazoo Public Library’s online catalog, you may be able to borrow it from one of 170+ libraries across the state via MeL, the Michigan Electronic Library.
The MeL Catalog (MeLCat) includes most items held in participating libraries — millions of books, CDs, DVDs, musical scores, manuscripts, and other materials.
Who Can Borrow Through MeL?
• KPL in-district residents only
Help Searching MeLCat
• MeLCat Help
• Call KPL's Reference Desk at 269-553-7801 or Ask a Librarian online
MeL is the Michigan eLibrary, a 24/7 online library for Michigan residents.
• MeL Databases allow you instant access to full-text articles from tens of thousands of magazines and newspapers. Databases are available for kids, adults, and on specialized topics such as car repair and practice tests.
• MeLCat allows you to order books, audio books, music, movies and other materials and have them delivered to your participating library.
• MeL Michigana contains photographs, diaries, oral histories, local records and historical Michigan data.
• MeL Gateways include specialized resources such as those in health, business and areas for kids and teens.
More About MeLCat