- Search for the material you wish to borrow. A list may come up showing items in a variety of formats.
- After you find an item you want, click the Place Hold button. (If you haven’t already logged in, you will be prompted to enter your library card number and PIN.)
- Confirm your Pickup Library and click the Place Hold(s) button. A new screen shows you the item has been placed on hold for you.
- Click OK.
Please note: holds are limited to 25 items per cardholder. Reciprocal cardholders may have only three items on hold.
- A report is created once per day for staff to collect the reserved items from the shelves. An item may be ready for pick-up in 1-2 days based on availability or may take up to 3 days to transfer items between branches.
- A Library notice is sent to you when the item is ready for pick-up. For faster notifications, provide the Library with your email address in the “Change of Address” form.
- Currently Central and the Oshtemo branch offer self pick-up holds. Items are filed alphabetically by your last name and include the last 4 digits of your library card number. Ask staff for your reserve at Washington Square, Eastwood and the Powell branches.
- Items are held on reserve for 7 days. After that time, they are returned to the shelves or fill another reserve.
- If an item is on reserve for another patron, it is not eligible for a renewal.