Burnham Hall rear view prior to landscaping, c.1949
Construction began on Burnham Hall in 1948. Consisting of two separate structures, Smith Burnham and Ernest Burnham Halls, the facilities were constructed to serve as residence halls for male students.
Burnham Hall rear view, 2011
Today, 'the Burnhams' as they are collectively known continue to serve as residence halls, although they are now coed. Draper hall now serves as the campus's primary all-male residence hall.