Summer is Here! Central Library will close at 6 pm on Thursdays and will be closed Sundays until September. Enjoy!
Originally built as Kalamazoo Fire Station #6 (later renamed #5) in 1907.
Read the Story: The Kalamazoo Fire Department
Kalamazoo Public Library Photograph, P-749
Building has served as the home of various enterprises since it ceased to be used as a fire station.
H. Marcus, Western Michigan University, School of Art, 2009