How to Order Photocopies and Microprints of Local History Materials
- Check our local information database and include in your request as much of the following information as possible: title or headline; call number and pages from books; date, page, column and name or code of newspaper (usually KG or CC) or magazine.
- Our database includes (among other things) obituaries from 1834 to 1890 and from 1938 to the present. If you are requesting an obituary that does not appear in the index, you must include the exact date of death with the request.
- Send your request by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by regular mail to Local History Room, Kalamazoo Public Library, 315 S. Rose Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49007.
- The charge is two dollars ($2.00) per citation, up to three pages. For citations that contain more than three pages, additional pages will be charged at fifty cents ($.50) per page. The fee includes postage.
- You may choose to receive the copies by mail or as an email attachment (pdf or jpg).
- All requests must be pre-paid.
- Do not send payment until you have been contacted by a local history staff person with the total amount due and an invoice number. Payment can be made online using a credit card or a PayPal account. If you prefer to pay by check or money order, please make them payable to Kalamazoo Public Library.
- Please remember to include your name and mailing address with your order.
- We try to fill orders promptly, however we recieve many requests and it may take several weeks for us to respond.