Built in 1873, but preceded by two other buildings on nearby sites. The east room was added in 1896 for high school classes. Eleven diplomas were awarded at the first high school graduation in 1902. The high school functioned for about a dozen years. Annexed to the Otsego school district in 1957, it was last used for classes in 1960. It was used as a home for many years, but was destroyed by fire 22 June 1992. "The old building has played hostess to spelldowns, oratorical contests and debates, box socials, and has been the stage for countless plays and programs. It has served as a meeting hall, and the social center of the community, ...."
1899 A. M. Nutten
1900 A. M. Nutten, Carrie Dix
1901 A. M. Nutten
1925-26 Hazel Sweet - also taught at Evergreen and Hackley Schools.
1927-30 Rosa Norton
1930-33 Hazel E. Richards - also taught at Hackley and Williams Schools.
1933-34 Arlene Campbell
1934-36 Bernice Bissell - also taught at Williams School.
1936-37 Martha Hoyt
1937-42 Wilma Ryder
1942-44 Frances Riley
1944-48 Katherine Eash - also taught at Tamarack and Alamo Valley Schools.
1948-49 Katherine Eash, Ellamae Porath
1949-50 Katherine Eash, Elizabeth Jackson
1951-52 Katherine Eash
1952-53 Janice Matina, Mildred Clapp - Mrs. Clapp also taught at Tamarack School.
1953-54 Eleanor S. Prichard, Frances Fox - Mrs. Prichard also taught at Hackley School
1954-55 Carol Neumann, Eva Gowell
1955-56 Eva Gowell, Marian Seehafer
1956-57 Eva Gowell, Jean Maxwell
Compiled by Catherine Larson, Local History Specialist, Kalamazoo Public Library, 1999. Mapped October 2008. Last updated 7 March 2012.