Downtown Kalamazoo Theatres

Union Hall (1866-1900)

West side of Portage St, south of E Main St (now E Michigan Ave)

opera-541.jpg

Located in the second and third floors; may have been able to seat 1,000
Illustration ©1995 by J. P. Jenks

Opera House

Built and run as an Opera House from 1866 to 1900. Renamed “Opera House” in 1881 in competition with the Academy of Music. Theatre torn out and building converted to offices in 1900.

Downtown Kalamazoo Theatres: map and index