- Art Institute of Chicago
- Covers both the Art Institute of Chicago's collections, programs, and exhibits and the School of the Art Institute of Chicago's objectives, curriculum, and opportunities.
- Detroit Institute of Art
- Information about DIA's art collections, current exhibits, events, educational programs, research library, and news.
- Kalamazoo Institute of Arts
- An overview of KIA's art collections, exhibits, educational programs, events, gallery shop, library materials, and outreach services.
- National Portrait Gallery
- Showcasing the National Portrait Gallery's collection of art depicting famous British men and women. Includes information on exhibits, educational programming, library resources, the gift shop, and sample images.
Books and Reading
- Great Early Elementary Reads
- Recommended titles for children who are just learning to read and beginning to read on their own. The books included were published between 2009 and 2011.
- Children's Literature Web Guide
- Gathers and categorizes the growing number of Internet resources related to books for children and young adults.
- CIA Publications
- Includes World Factbook, Chiefs of State and the Factbook of Intelligence.
- Kalamazoo Public Schools
- Kalamazoo Public Schools' site includes information about K-12 curricular objectives, a school directory, listing of departments, job opportunities, library resources, a district map, and educational programming.
- Kalamazoo Promise
- Information about the Kalamazoo Promise along with links to ongoing research about the impact of the Kalamazoo Promise.
- Great Websites for Kids
- Great Websites for Kids is a compilation of exemplary websites geared to children from birth to age 14. Suggested sites are evaluated by the Great Websites for Kids Committee using established selection criteria. The committee is made up of members of the Association for Library Service to Children, a division of the American Library Association.
- Ben's Guide to U.S. Government for Kids
- A site designed to introduce children to the different levels, agencies, and functions of the United States government.
- NASA Information Services via WWW
- Explore the many facets of NASA, from their administration and leadership, to their mission and vision for the future, to business, research, and career opportunities.
- Statistical Abstract of the U.S.
- Access hundreds of statistical reports regarding a variety of subjects including population, education, health, vital statisistics, and banking.
- White House for Kids
- News, activities and games about the White House and the Presidents.
- Kid's Stuff from the Michigan Historical Museum
- Activities that include things to make, stories and poems, historic documents and more.
- Information links about and for Michigan government, including access to departments, agencies, educational resources, reports, statisitcs, news, and much more.
- A+-improve your math skills
- Improve your math skills interactively.
- AAAMath - Basic Math Skills
- Hundreds of online math homework resources for children and young adults.
- Math Games Practice Page
- Online games to practice arithmetic, time, place value, money math, fractions, geometry, and more.
- Math Homework Help from Discovery Education
- Resources to help students master the basics of mathematics of numbers and number operations. Videos and tutorials explain basic operations and help with the mastery of math skills in addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division - essential building blocks for success in mathematics.
- Homework Center (Multnomah County Library Homework Links)
- Locate homework help. Features a list of links covering academic subjects like art, biology, geography, literature, history, math, and science.
- Homework Spot
- A K-12 educational and homework portal.
- Homework Tools from Kids on the Web
- Reference tools like dictionaries, writing style guides, or encyclopedias. Links to web resources that help students with their homework assignments.
Museums and Other Places to Go
- Museum of American History
- Access historical photographs of exhibits and collections at the Museum of American History.
- Museum of Natural History
- The American Museum of Natural History's site includes news about upcoming events, current exhibits, educational programming, membership opportunities, and visitor information.
- Museum of Science, Boston
- Discover the fascinating world of science and technology through the collections, programming and exhibits of the Museum of Science in Boston.
- National Air & Space Museum
- The Smithsonian Institution's National Air and Space Museum maintains the largest collection of historic air and spacecraft in the world. It is also a vital center for research into the history, science, and technology of aviation and space flight.
- National Aquarium in Baltimore
- The National Aquarium in Baltimore seeks to stimulate interest in, develop knowledge about, and inspire stewardship of aquatic environments. Site features general museum information.
- National Civil Rights Museum
- Exhibits and events.
- This web version of the popular television program features biographical information about historical figures, celebrities, artists, and many more.
Language and Writing
- English Grammar
- EduFind is an online service operated by the Digital Education Network which provides a range of Internet based services for education.
- Merriam-Webster Word Central
- A dictionary reference site for children and young adults to search and discover the meanings of words.
- A searchable database of rhymes as well as other features including information about Shakespeare, quotations, famous documents, quizzes, and synonym locater.
- Hubble Space Telescope
- Immerses visitors in the magnificence and mystery of the Hubble mission, including features about Hubble's contributions to the exploration of planets, stars, galaxies, and the universe.
- Kid's Astronomy
- A kid's guide to the scientific field of Astronomy.
- Welcome to the Planets
- Collection of many of the best images from NASA's planetary exploration program.
- Math Baseball
- Learning math is more fun than ever with this mix of math and baseball!
- Math2 - Math Reference Tables
- Reference guide to the world of math. Links to other sites, general to advanced math resources, and a math message board. Also available in Spanish.
- Astronomical Information
- Astronomical information from the U.S. Navy, including data about sunrises, moon phases, eclipses, cellestial navigation, solar systems, and more.
- Weather Channel
- Get a local weather forecast, news about changes in weather patterns, timely information for travelers, maps, allergy reports, and more.
- World Climate
- Contains over 85,000 records of world climate data from a wide range of sources.