- For individuals/families with 2013 income less than $52,000
- By appointment only, at KPL (except as noted*)
- Call 2-1-1 (or 381-HELP) to schedule or for more info
Free tax preparation for those with household income under $52,000 in 2013, prepared by IRS-certified VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) tax volunteers.
Please note: Appointment required for all dates except* February 26 and April 9. Call 211 to schedule and learn what to bring.
New this year: During tax prep at Central Library, you can e-file your own taxes using ‘self-assist’ computers provided by VITA, if you wish.
Free Tax Prep at KPL in 2014:
- Wednesday, February 26, 10 am-3 pm, Central Library (Walk-in site)*
- Wednesday, March 5, 10 am-3 pm, Central Library
- Tuesday, March 11, 2-7 pm, Eastwood Branch Library
- Wednesday, March 26, 10 am-3 pm, Central Library
- Wednesday, April 9, 10 am-3 pm, Central Library (Walk-in site)*
Appointment required (except as noted*); call 2-1-1 (381-HELP) for more info.
The library is a member of the Kalamazoo County Tax Counseling Initiative, which sponsors the tax preparation service.