Kalamazoo Public Library is an affiliate library with FamilySearch. That means KPL patrons have convenient access to billions of birth, marriage, death, census, land, and court records from over 130 countries.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Microfilmed records are ordered for loan directly from the FamilySearch archives in Salt Lake City, UT, at a cost of $7.50 per reel.
- To request microfilm, first create an account at familysearch.org, then sign in.
- Search the FamilySearch library catalog for available film and add items to your cart.
- Pay for the requested items using a credit card, debit card or PayPal account. (The first time you order, you’ll be prompted to select your default family history center—select Kalamazoo Public Library.)
- You will receive an email when the film has arrived at KPL.
- Film will be held at KPL for three months, allowing you to view it at your leisure (ask for your film at the history room desk).
- To learn more, contact the Local History Room, 269-553-7808, or view the FamilySearch Online Film Ordering Users Guide.