140th Anniversary Art Hop
We Want Your Photos!
Kalamazoo Public Library celebrates its 140th anniversary on Friday, October 12! We plan to launch our celebration week with Art Hop exhibits on October 5 at Central Library, from 6-8 pm, and the Powell Branch Library, from 5-7 pm.
We’re asking friends of the library—both professional and amateur photographers—to take photos of KPL’s buildings, staff, patrons, and/or events for display on October 5.
Art hoppers will enjoy music and birthday cake while they browse the photo collection—of both new and historical photos. Photographers, please let us know if you plan to attend the Art Hop. We’ll provide name tags for those who attend.
- Photos may have been taken any time during the last year—since October 12, 2011.
- Photos may be taken at any of Kalamazoo Public Library’s five buildings—of library events, staff at work, patrons using the library, or of the buildings themselves—any element that captures Kalamazoo Public Library at this point in time.
- Please identify yourself to the library staff as someone taking photos for the 140th before you begin to shoot inside any KPL building.
- Photographers who take photos of individual library patrons using the library must ask those patrons to sign a model release. Photographers do not need to ask for a release at events open to the public.
- Photographers must grant Kalamazoo Public Library the non-exclusive right to reproduce submitted photos at KPL’s discretion (in print, online, in displays, etc.) with credit to the photographer.
- Submit photos both as 300 dpi digital files and as prints. Identify both formats with photographer’s name, date, location, and any other information you want to share.
- To be considered for display in the Art Hop, print photos should be mounted on black foam core, with an attached easel back, and sized from 7"x11" or 11" x 7" to 13"x19" or 19"x13".
- Photos may be displayed at the Central Library, from 6-8 pm, and/or the Powell Branch Library, from 5-7 pm, on October 5, either digitally or in print, at the discretion of Kalamazoo Public Library.
- Mounted photo prints must be delivered to the Central Library, third floor office by Tuesday, September 25, 2012, at 5 pm. Digital files may accompany prints on CD or may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via Dropbox. Please write to email@example.com if you wish to use Dropbox.